Friday, June 8, 2012

broken vessels


What up friends and prayer partners?!

It’s great to be blogging today, because this evening our team is hosting a party with our French friends at our apartment! We are having a grilled cheese, tomato soup, Schweppes and baguette party that will hopefully be a super fun way to invite people into our community.

The last week has been quite a whirlwind for me personally, because the Lord has given me great joy in meeting new friends, feeding the homeless, exploring the Impressionist Museum, and revealing how powerful He really is. This week I realized that I have been putting God in a box my whole life, and that I greatly underestimate His superior power and love. When someone was injured or sick, we prayed for healing and God made them well on the spot multiple times. God used a vending machine malfunction to lead us into a spiritual conversation on campus. The Holy Spirit led us to meet a student who is a believer and wants to get involved in Agape, and that conversation started with me asking what kind of lunch meat I was eating. It’s obviously not my words or actions that will lead people to know Christ, because Christ is constantly pursuing people even in unconventional ways.

Those are only a few examples of the ways God has been blowing my mind lately. Before now I thought I was letting God into all areas of my life by giving Him control of my schoolwork, relationships, future, etc., but I have recently found fault in my expectations of what God can and wants to do. I have attempted to trust God with my life by loving Him and loving others, but I have failed to expect Him to really do the impossible. God loves people SO much that he sent a bunch of broken vessels from America to reach out to the broken students of Paris. It’s very humbling, and quite overwhelming that He loves people so much and loves me so much. We have less than two weeks left, so please pray that God would deepen our relationships and conversations with friends and use us to show Christ’s love.

-Elise 

No comments:

Post a Comment